- 4 US Farm Raised Catfish Filets
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- vegetable oil
- 12 slices bacon, cooked
- 4 sandwich rolls
- sliced tomoto
- COMBINE cornmeal, flour, salt, cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
- COAT catfish with cornmeal mixture, shaking off excess. Fill a
large, heavy skillet half full with vegetable oil. Heat to 350° F.
- ADD catfish in single layer and fry until golden brown,
about 5 to 6 minutes, depending on size.
- REMOVE and drain on paper towels.
- SPREAD butter on each side of rolls, and lightly brown in a
- SMEAR toasted bread with Lemon Aïoli. Layer tomatoes,
spinach, bacon and catfish on bread.