- 3/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 4 fresh, ripe peaches, cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 1 1/2 lb. or 2 1/2 cups sliced)
- 12 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat 1 minute or until hot. Add vinegar, bring to a simmer, and cook 5 minutes or until vinegar is reduced to ¼ cup and coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat. (Vinegar can be prepared up to 1 day ahead.)
- Alternate peach and mozzarella slices on a large serving platter. Stack basil leaves, and roll up tightly beginning at 1 long side; cut basil crosswise into thin strips or, if using small leaves, leave whole. Arrange basil over peach and mozzarella slices.
- Drizzle desired amount of reduced balsamic vinegar over salad, reserving remaining balsamic vinegar for another use; refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 week. Serve salad immediately. Serves 4.
About this recipe
Recipe courtesy of Chef Matt Moore.
Image courtesy of Oxmoor House.