Whether you're responsible for the entire feast or you're simply bringing a dish or two to the Thanksgiving table, we've got you covered with three different menus.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons panch phoron (Bengali five-spice blend)
- 1-pound cranberries, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add the spice blend; when the seeds start to crackle and toast, add the cranberries.
Stir in the brown sugar, vinegar, ginger and chili powder.
Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the cranberries have softened and the liquid is reduced by half, about 15 minutes.
Season the chutney with salt. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour. Serve chilled.