- 2 cups (16 ounces) ketchup
- 1 cup (8 ounces) chicken broth
- ½ cup (4 ounces) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ teaspoons each onion powder, dry mustard and salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 medium-size yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ pounds pulled pork
- 1 pound hot cooked spaghetti
- 2 ounces (½ cup) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Stir together the ketchup, broth, vinegar, brown sugar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, dry mustard, salt and pepper in a large saucepan over medium-high. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 hour.
2. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. Add the bell pepper, onion and garlic, saute 5 minutes. Stir the vegetable mixture and the pulled pork into the sauce, and simmer, about 40 minutes.
3. Divide the cooked spaghetti evenly among 6 bowls. Spoon the pulled pork sauce over the spaghetti, and sprinkle with the cheese and the parsley.