Bacon Sherry Vinaigrette
- 5 strips bacon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes, halved
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 3 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 4 eggs, hard boiled and sliced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon Porterhouse Steak seasoning blend (J.M. Thomason)
- Add bacon to a cold skillet, heat skillet over med-low heat cook until bacon is crispy. Reserve 3 tablespoons drippings. Set aside bacon for salad.
- Add minced garlic to drippings in skillet and cook until aromatic, about 2 minutes.
- Combine bacon drippings and remaining ingredients. Whisk well until emulsified. Use immediately or store in an air-tight container.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool.
- Place brussel sprouts in a pot of boiling water for 20 seconds, then place immediately in a container of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Combine potatoes and remaining ingredients. Toss in the bacon vinaigrette and serve.