- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened coconut flakes (toasted is even better!)
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (sub 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 1/4 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup to 6 tablespoons filtered water (suggest 1/4 cup if using frozen berries, 6 tablespoons if using fresh)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey (add to taste)
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Place all ingredients in a small bowl except blueberries and whisk to incorporate. Stir in blueberries. Whisk every 2 minutes for 10 minutes to prevent chia seeds from clumping. Cover bowl and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
YOGURTY VERSION: Sometimes I add 2 tablespoons or 1/4 cup yogurt to the mix. When I use 1/4 cup, I reduce the water by 2 tablespoons.
Try topping with almond butter and extra blueberries (my favorite).