- 2 cups fresh lady peas
- 1 Tbs butter
- black pepper
- 3 Tbs olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- thick crusty bread slices cut into croutons
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber cut into pieces
- fresh basil leaves, torn
1. Combine Lady peas, butter, salt and pepper in a saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook about 15 minutes, or until most of water is absorbed and peas are tender. Drain if needed.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add pieces of bread to skillet, toss well. Cook until browned & crispy. Remove from skillet. Set aside. Scatter tomatoes, cucumbers and basil on a plate. Top with Lady peas and croutons. Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt and pepper.