- 1 cup water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 cups good vodka
- 4-5 cups fresh blackberries, rinsed and drained
1. Bring water & sugar to a low boil over medium heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Turn heat to simmer and cook for 15 minutes stirring often. Remove from the heat to cool completely.
2. Pour vodka into a large glass container with a lid. Add the berries & simple syrup and gently shake.
3. Infuse berry-vodka mixture for 15 days. The berries will lose most of their color. Every few days gently swirl mixture around.
4. Pour through a fi ne mesh strainer twice. Discard the berries. Decant mixture into decorative bottles for gift giving.