- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick cold butter, cut into 1/4" cubes
- 4 tablespoons ice water
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 chicken sausage links, sliced
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups kale, de-ribbed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan or gouda cheese
- olive oil
- salt and cracked pepper to taste
Great for a picnic, family dinner, or lunch leftovers with a side arugula salad and hunk of bleu cheese, this fall favorite can host any root vegetable you have on hand. Beets, turnips, rutabaga, and parsnips are all fine options.
- Pre-heat oven to 420°F. Pulse flour and salt in a food processor; add butter and pulse until coarse meal with pea-sized lumps forms. Drizzle 4 tablespoons ice water over mixture. Pulse until moist clumps form, adding more ice water by 1/2 tablespoons if dry.
- Roll out dough onto lightly floured surface into a 13" round. Place plastic wrap over round, roll, and refrigerate.
- Put sweet potato and onion onto rimmed baking sheet line with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and cracked pepper. Roast in oven until golden brown. In a large bowl, combine sweet potato, onion, kale, and chicken sausage. Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Unroll chilled pastry dough on lightly floured counter. Pile roasted vegetables and chicken sausage mixture in the center, leaving a 2" uncovered edge all around. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Gently fold edges of crust up and over contents, leaving center open. Transfer galette to a baking sheet covered with parchment & bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the crust is crispy golden brown.