- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs or drumsticks
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 ounces bacon or pancetta, sliced into thin strips
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 16 ounces portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1½ cups dry white wine
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- chopped parsley
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large heavy pan. Add chicken to pan skin side down and cook 5 minutes or until browned on both sides. Remove from pan. Add the onions and bacon and cook 10 minutes, (scraping all the browned chicken pieces from the pan), until onions are soft and translucent and the bacon is cooked. Remove onion mixture from pan.
2. Add the garlic and mushrooms saute for 5 minutes. Add the onion and bacon mixture along with the browned chicken back to the pan. Add the wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Uncover, add cream and cook for another 10 minutes. Add the chopped parsley and season to taste. Serve with rice, pasta or crusty bread.