- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 2 quarts beer brine
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 pound assorted chill peppers (we use jalapeño, fresno, and habanero), sliced
- 1 quart pickling liquid (warm), supplied by Tennessee Brew Works
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (we use Cutaway IPA hot sauce)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 quarts water
- 2 cups kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 quart cutaway IPA
- 2 quarts apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 3 ounces pickling spice
Prep the chicken:
1. Brine the chicken wings for 12 hours.
2. Remove wings from brine, and roast at 375 for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
Prep the chilis:
1. Thiny slice the chilis.
2. Pour hot pickling liquid over the sliced chilis and place in the refrigerator overnight to cool.
For the pickling liquid:
1. After combining apple cider vinegar, sugar, kosher salt, and pickling spice, heat to dissolve, steep for 20 minutes then strain the liquid. After that then you can add the Cutaway IPA.
For the beer brine:
1. After combining water, kosher salt, sugar and bay leaf, heat to disolve the add then Cutaway IPA.
Put it together:
1. Roast the chicken wings at 400 or fry at 350 until warmed through and crispy.
2. Toss the wings in the sauce and garnish with pickled chilis.