Whether we pick’em ourselves or buy’em in bags, come fall, we want fresh apples. A couple years ago, we discovered Hurricane Hollow Apple Orchard in Baxter, TN. It wasn’t the closest orchard to Nashvi...
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup turbinado or brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts or pecans
- 3 1/2 cups chopped finely peeled apples
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Combine oil, sugars, and eggs in large bowl, whisk well. Stir in flour and cinnamon. Add walnuts and apples, stir well. Pour into pan.
- Bake 40 minutes (or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean). Cool in pan 15 minutes. Invert onto plate.