- 1 pound KLD bacon, cooked, drained and chopped
- 1 large white onion, julienned
- 1 cup local honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups Noble Springs goat cheese
- 6 cloves roasted garlic, pureed
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Turbinado or raw sugar
- Herbs for garnish
- Sweet Potato Chips
1.To prepare Bacon Jam, saute onions in oil until caramelized, about 20 minutes. Add honey, sugar, and vinegar and bring to a strong simmer. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, until the liquid becomes thick and syrupy (about 15 minutes). Reduce heat to low and add bacon. Season with salt and pepper and let cool at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with Bruleed Goat Cheese. Bacon jam will keep for up to 8 days in your refrigerator.
2. To prepare Bruleed Goat Cheese, with a mixer or by hand, mix the goat cheese, roasted garlic, white pepper and salt. Press the mixture into an oven safe ramekin and bake at 400 degrees for 4-5 minutes, until warmed. Sprinkle raw sugar over the top in a thin layer, and brown (brulee) with a torch or place under broiler for 30 seconds. Top with bacon onion jam and serve with sweet potato chips.