- ¾ cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup Whiskey Jam Blackberry Whiskey
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) French Bread (preferably stale)
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup Whiskey Jam Blackberry Whiskey
1. To prepare bread pudding, combine blackberries and whiskey. Lest stand 30 minutes. Combine bread and milk and let stand for 30 minutes to 2 hours. Mash well.
2. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Beat sugar and egg yolks about 2 minutes or until thick and creamy. Add butter, vanilla and salt. Mix well. Combine with bread mixture, stir well. Fold in blackberries (juice and all).
3. Place in 6 individual skillets or ramekins or in a 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Place in a pan of water and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
4. To prepare sauce, combine sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan or double boiler. Add water and lemon juice and stir until smooth. Add butter and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; and simmer until mixture is thick and smooth. Remove from heat, stir in whiskey. Serve warm over bread pudding.