- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup dried hibiscus leaves or hibiscus tea
- Zest from 4 limes
- 1 cup fresh lime juice (about 5 large limes)
- 1 medium seedless watermelon, cubed
- 2 pints blackberries
- fresh mint leaves
- Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
1. To make simple syrup, combine sugar, water and hibiscus in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Strain out hibiscus leaves. Let simple syrup cool. Add lime juice and zest. Pour simple syrup into ice cube trays and freeze until solid. Place cubes in a food processor with a metal blade or a powerful blender. Process the cubes until you reach a uniform consistency. Use immediately or place granita in a dish and freeze for later.
2. Place watermelon cubes in a large serving bowl or individual cups, layer with lime granita, torn mint leaves, blackberries and salt.
Watch Crystal prepare this watermelon treat in this video!