Kathie Heimerdinger and her “delivery angels” bring nourishing meals to cancer patients.
- ½ cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup maitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1” piece of ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups thick homemade coconut milk
- 1 cup mineral broth or chicken broth
- 2 pieces kombu
- 1 t coconut aminos
- 1 lime, zested & juiced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 scallions, sliced on a bias for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro leaves for garnish
- Salt to taste
Put first eight ingredients in a soup pot and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and cook until mushrooms and onions are just tender. Stir in citrus and tomatoes simmer for another 2‐3 minutes. Season with salt and taste and adjust seasoning. Garnish with scallions and cilantro.
Recipe Copyrighted By: Chef Laura Rodriguez, Heimerdinger Foundation.