- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 white potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 sweet potato, peeeled and cut into chunks
- 1 Russett potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 turnip, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons chicken base or bouillon cubes
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add onion, garlic and parsley and saute 10 minutes. cut potatoes and turnip into cubes. Add to saucepan with 4 cups water and 2 tablespoon chicken base or a bouillion cube. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
2. Mash with a hand masher until chunky. Return to low heat, and add milk and whisk well. Add cheese. heat 10 minutes or until throughly heated and cheese is melted. (Don't cook on high heat or milk can curdle and cheese clump). Yield: 12 cups.