- Melt butter. Mix the sugars, flour, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla together in a mixing bowl. Mix in the cream and melted butter to the dry ingredients. Add apples and mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
- Place pecans in the food processor and pulse 4 times to blend. Do not over chop the pecans.
- Place all of the ingredients into a standing mixer bowl. With the paddle attachment, mix for 1 minute on low speed. Using a rubber spatula, scrape the paddle and sides of the bowl. Mix for 1 additional minute on low speed until small clumps form and the butter is well incorporated.
- Drain apple filling of any excess liquid. Place filling in a large oven-safe bowl, pan, or pie dish. Wet your hands to keep the filling from sticking. Scoop topping an spread across filling. Do not press the topping down. Pre-bake at 425ºF for 9 minutes.
- Cool the apple crisp until ready to serve. When ready, place into a 325ºF oven for 10 minutes. Cool slightly and serve, ideally a la mode.
Find out more about Ted's Montana Grill