- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large sweet onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustarf
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 6-8 plums, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- store-bought or homemade pizza crust
- 6 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
1. Place the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, mustard and vinegar. Cook, stirring frequently 30 minutes or until the onions are caramelized.
2. Stir in the plums, sage, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Cook 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally until the plums are tender. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400°F and place the pizza crust on a pizza stone or a large round pizza pan. Bake the crust 7 minutes or until golden.
3. Top with the plum mixture and spread evenly over the top. Sprinkle with the cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until the cheese melts. Serve warm.