- 1 pound mild ground pork sausage
- 1⁄2 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 ounces white Cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1⁄2 cup)
1. Unroll the puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Spread the sausage over the puff pastry sheet, leaving a 1-inch border on all sides. Sprinkle the sausage with the scallions and cheese. Roll up the pastry sheet with sausage mixture,jelly-roll fashion, starting at 1 long side of rectangle.
2. Wrap the sausage and pastry roll in plastic wrap, and freeze 2 hours. (The roll may be frozen for up to 1 month. Thaw until just able to slice with a serrated knife before proceeding with the recipe.)
3. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Using a serrated knife, slice the roll into about 20 (1⁄2-inch-thick) slices. Place slices on a greased baking sheet.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until the pastry is golden and the sausage is cooked through, 40 to 45 minutes.
About this recipe
Excerpted from What Can I Bring? by Elizabeth Heiskell. Copyright © 2017 Oxmoor House. Reprinted with permission from Time Inc. Books, a division of Time Inc. New York, NY. All rights reserved.