- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, warmed
- 8 ounce Noble Springs goat cheese
- 2 pounds beets
- 4 parts red wine vinegar
- 3 parts extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound carrots, shaved on a mandolin
- 2 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 parts canola oil
- 1 part cumin seeds
Simmer cauliflower in water with salt 10 minutes or until tender. Drain cauliflower and purée with the warm cream and goat cheese until smooth.
Preheat oven to 350F. Place beets in foil and roast 40 minutes or until tender. Cool, peel and cut into quarters. Combine vinegar and olive oil. Pour over beets. Marinate 2 hours.
Slowly fry until golden brown, strain and salt
Toast cumin seeds in a skillet until fragrant, about 8 minutes. Place in a blender with the oil, blend and strain. Toss with carrots.
To serve, arrange beets on top of cauliflower puree. Top with carrots and shallots. Top with candied nuts if desired. Serves 6.