Roasted beets are paired with wheat berries, nuts, cheese, greens and a splash of vinegar. There isn't a more satisfying salad around. Even better, it's vegetarian, high in fiber, vitamins A and C ...
- 3 beets
- 4 cups arugula or mixed greens
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil coarse salt
- 1 ounce grated Parmesan cheese
- Wrap beets in foil; roast 40 minutes, or until beet are tender. Let beets cool. Unwrap beets and rub off skins. Slice into eights.
- Combine arugula, beets, cherries, vinegar, oil, salt and cheese.
About this recipe
Serve with gratineed potatoes and our Citrus Roast Chicken.