- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and grated
- 6 ounces bacon
- 1 large white onion, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch chili flake and dried oregano
- 1 pound rigatoni, cooked al dente
- 1/2 cup Parmesan or pecorino romano cheese
- 1-2 cups ricotta cheese
- bacon bits or crumbed bacon
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Cook bacon in skillet until crisp. Reserve drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon and set aside. Add onion, garlic and salt to skillet. Saute 10 minutes. Add squash and oregano. Cover and cook 30-40 minutes until the squash is tender and the mixture is the texture of apple sauce. Toss the squash mixture with the Parmesan and drained, rinsed pasta. Place in a 11 x 9' baking dish and dollop with ricotta cheese. Bake until topis goilden browned and caramelized. Serve with breadcrumbs and crumbled bacon.