My daughter has been working at a produce stand for the past 4 summers. As a result she frequently comes home with baskets of over-ripe tomatoes impatient to be used. Mind you, I'm not complai...
- 1 box jumbo pasta shells or manicotti
- Fresh Tomato Sauce (link in recipe)
- parmesan cheese
- 1 tub (16 ounces) ricotta cheese (whole milk)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil, chives and parsley
- 3 ounces Comte or Swiss cheese, grated
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and Pepper
1. Boil Pasta Shells until al dente. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. To prepare filling, combine cheeses (except parmesan), herbs, and egg, mix well.
3. Place shells in a baking dish. Place a heaping tablespoon of filling into each pasta shell. Cover stuffed shells with 3 cups of Lazy Summer Tomato Sauce (or if you're feeling lazy, a bed of chopped Cherokee Purple tomatoes) and top with grated parmesan.
4. Cover with foil, bake for 30 minutes. Uncover, and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
*You can use your favorite tomato sauce, but we recommend this recipe.