- 1 24 oz, 1-1.25" in thick porterhouse steak
- J.M Thomason Porterhouse Seasoning (to taste)
- 1 Tbs canola oil, or butter
- 1 large russet potato, roughly peeled and cut evenly into wedges or strips
- 2 Tbs canola oil or olive oil, divided
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- chopped, fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat broiler. Let steak sit out of fridge for about 15 minutes, or until reaches room temperature. Pat steak dry. Sprinkle steak, evenly, but generously, on both sides with the Porterhouse Seasoning Blend.
2. Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium- high heat and then add the canola oil and butter. Place the steak in the skillet and cook (without fl ipping) for about 4 minutes. Th en fl ip and place under the broiler for about 4-5 minutes, or until reaches the perfect medium-rare doneness.
3. Let rest for a few minutes before serving. Serve with the Rosemary Garlic Fries.
For Garlic Rosemary Fries:
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Soak potatoes in a large bowl of hot water for 15 minutes, and then drain and dry thoroughly with paper towels. Drizzle potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to evenly coat.
2. Drizzle the other tablespoon of oil onto a baking sheet. Spread well. Arrange potatoes on the baking sheet in a single layer. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 5 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and flip.