- 4 ripe but firm plums, cut in half & cored
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered or sliced
- powdered sugar for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. In a 9” deep dish pie pan or cake pan, melt the stick of butter.
3. Whisk together eggs, sugar, flours, and extract until just blended. Do not over-whisk. Scrape batter into pie pan with the melted butter. Do not stir.
4. Arrange the plum halves, with the cut side down, on top of the batter and scatter the almonds on top.
5. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the cake is a light golden brown (the center of the cake may still be a bit jiggly).
6. Cool on a wire rack and serve dusted with powdered sugar.