- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 7 tablespoon unsalted very cold butter
- 2 2/3 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
- 2 pints of Delvin Farms strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 quart heavy cream
- 2-4 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- Preheat oven to 450 & butter a quarter sheet pan or 8x13 glass baking dish. In a stand mixer, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Add butter and blend for about 3-4 minutes, or until butter and flour look like coarse meal the size of peas.
- With mixer on low speed, slowly add the cream. Let dough come together in a shaggy mess. On a floured work surface, work the dough together, then fold it on itself a few times until no longer clumpy.
- Spread dough into prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a light buttery golden brown. Let cool before serving.
- Combine all together.
- Let stand for at least three hours before stirring and serving.
Vanilla Whipped Cream
- Combine in stand mixer with whisk attachment.
- Whisk until medium peaks form. Should your whipped cream deflate during storage, just re-whip.
Cut shortcake into squares. Top with strawberries and whipped cream. You could go crazy and add some vanilla ice cream.
About this recipe
Recipe courtesy of Lockeland Table Community Kitchen and Bar
1520 Woodland Street, Nashville TN 37206