- 4–5 sheets of gluten free matzo
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract pinch of kosher salt
- 1 ¼ cups (8 ounces) finely chopped dark chocolate, 55% or higher
- 1 cup almonds, toasted and chopped sea salt for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, then place parchment paper on top. Arrange matzo on parchment lined tray in an even layer, breaking pieces as needed for a snug fit.
2. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar, stirring constantly for 3 minutes while mixture boils. Remove from heat and add vanilla and salt. Working quickly, pour caramel mixture over matzo, and spread evenly.
3. Bake for 15 minutes, checking to ensure the caramel does not burn. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle with chopped chocolate. Let stand, then spread evenly over the matzo. Sprinkle with chopped almonds and sea salt. Cool and break into pieces.