This classic custardy gratin of vegetables is super versatile. You can use all potatoes, or your choice of sweet, white and turnips, any kind of cheese and the caramelized onions or not. But this v...
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 10-ounce grass-fed ribeye steak
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 whole cloves garlic, peeled
- handful each, fresh thyme, rosemary, scallions
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste or ketchup
- 1 teaspoon each soy sauce and cider vinegar
- 4-5 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon each minced shallot and garlic
- 1 tablespoon each chopped parsley and green onion
For the steak:
Heat oil in a heavy skillet until hot. Add steak, sear on one side. Flip, add shallot, garlic, herbsand lemon. Cook 2 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with butter and steak sauce.
For the Steak Sauce:
Mix all ingredients well. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Related Stories & Recipes
Homemade Chinese food might be easier than you think. Give it a try with this recipe from Brentwood's own Corner Asian Bistro.