- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon yellow onion diced
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper diced
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme (and for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped peeled butternut squash or sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped red potatoes
- 12 ounces lite coconut milk or cream
- 2 carrots, sliced thin
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1-2 tablespoons turbinado or brown sugar
- Pinch Himalayan Pink Salt and Black Pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large pot. Add onions, saute 3 minutes, add pepper, saute 3 minutes.
2. Add thyme, curry, turmeric, cumin, coriander, and cayenne pepper, stir well. Add squash and potatoes. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
3. Add coconut milk, carrots and broccoli, and sugar. Season with salt and black pepper. Cook on low 5 minutes.
4. Serve with black rice or coconut flavored quinoa and a side of greens.