When eating at The Cookery, a little cafe nestled just north of the 12 South neighborhood, you will inevitably want to give your compliments to the chef. When this happens, get ready for a surprise. W...
- Heat olive oil in saute pan
- Season portobello slices with coffee grounds, salt, pepper and cumin. Saute until tender and set aside.
- Butter a mini muffin tin and cut pastry squares in four tucking them into the tin with the corners exposed. Stuff each pastry with one slice of the portobello, 1 teaspoon Brie, and 1/2 teaspoon jack cheese. Wash the flaps with egg and seal the tart completely, covering the top.
- Bake at 425 for 11-12 mins or until golden and crispy
- Reduce the red onions and white wine until translucent.
- Lower heat, add saffron and cream, and whisk well. Add cold butter bit by bit while whisking, making sure not to let the mixture boil.
- Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste. Continue to whisk until a thin foam develops on top. Strain the reduction to remove the red onions and saffron threads.
- Keep warm until ready to serve over the tarts.