- 24-36 oysters, shucked
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to mix them together.
- Place a medium-size piece of plastic wrap onto your work surface. Gather the butter and spoon it onto the center of the plastic wrap.
- Pull the bottom portion of the plastic wrap over the butter and begin rolling to form a log shape. Twist the ends of the plastic wrap and place butter in the fridge to set. This can also be frozen.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons compound butter onto oysters. Place on grill and smoke 2-3 minutes or until butter is melted and oysters are bubbling around edges.
About this recipe
Recipe courtesy of Southernaire Market.