- 8-10 slices Sweet Water Valley Buttermilk Cheddar
- 1 cup (more if desired) Caramelized Apple & Onion Jam (see recipe)
- 16-20 slices Benton's Bacon (Baked in 350' oven on a sheet tray for 15-20 minutes)
- 1 loaf Silkie's Multigrain Bread
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 large organic Granny Smith apple, medium diced
- 2 large onions, small diced
- 1 cup unfiltered apple cider, preferably with no sugar added
- 1 tablespoon honey, maybe more depending on the sweetness of your apples
- 1 teaspoon herb de provence
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon apple pectin
- about 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large organic Fuji apples, medium diced
1. In a heavy bottom pot on medium heat melt 1 tablespoon butter and caramelize your onions, stirring frequently.
2. Once caramelized add your cider, herbs, honey & pepper, let simmer.
3. In a sauté pan on high heat melt the rest of your butter and sauté your apples until browned, you still want them to have
texture. Set aside.
4.In a small bowl with about 1/4 cup of water whisk your pectin in and set aside.
5. In your pot puree with a stick blender or food processor your onion mix until smooth, stir in your apples & pectin.
6. Let simmer for about 20-30 minutes, until thickened. Season with salt and chill.