- 4 slices Sweet Water Valley Buttermilk Cheddar
- 1/4 cup Caramelized Apple & Onion Jam
- 4 slices Benton's Bacon, cooked crispy
- 4 slices Multigrain Bread (we use Silkie's)
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2 large onions, small diced
- 1 cup unfiltered apple cider, preferably with no sugar added
- 1 tablespoon honey, maybe more depending on the sweetness of your apples
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large organic Granny Smith apple, medium diced
- 2 large organic Fuji apples, medium diced
- 1 tablespoon apple pectin
1. To prepare Caramelized Apple and Onion Jam, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a heavy saucepan, saute onions, stirring frequently for about 15-20 minutes or until browned and caramelized. Add cider, honey, herbs, and pepper, and let simmer 10 minutes. Cool. With an immersion blender (or in a food processor) puree onion mixture until smooth. Set aside.
3. Add remaining butter to sauté pan and melt over high heat. Add apples and saute until browned, yet firm in texture, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
4.In a small bowl with 1/4 cup of water, add pectin and whisk. Add to onion mixture. Simmer foror 20-30 minutes, until thickened. Season with salt and chill.