Roasted beets are paired with wheat berries, nuts, cheese, greens and a splash of vinegar. There isn't a more satisfying salad around. Even better, it's vegetarian, high in fiber, vitamins A and C ...
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 (3-pound) flank steak
- Whisk all ingredients in a bowl.
- Gently score the surface of a flank steak. Coat the entire surface with olive oil. Sprinkle spice rub liberally over both sides of the meat. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to grill. This may be done ahead of time—even overnight—to allow flavors to permeate the meat.
- Grill according to desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill. Let rest 5 minutes. Cut against grain. Serves 8.
About this recipe
Related Stories & Recipes
Small delicate creamer potatoes, the first of the spring, are perfect roasted. Crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside, they require no cutting and cook in a short amount of time. Here they’re ...