- 12 ounces pearled farro
- 1 tablespoon salt (while cooking)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces ripe mango, brunoised
- 2 ounces red bell pepper, brunoised
- 2 ounces yellow bell pepper, brunoised
- 2 ounces cucumber, brunoised
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 2 ounces Balsamic Vinaigrette (see recipe)
- 4 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
For the vinaigrette:
1. Blend all the ingredients for the Balsamic vinaigrette.
2. Keep 2 ounces vinaigrette aside for plate garnish.
For the salad:
1. Cook the farro with salt according to the package directions in water. Add 1 tablespoon salt to water while cooking. Drain off any excess liquid. Be careful not to overcook – you want the farro to be very chewy.
2. Rinse quickly with cold running water, then cool further on a tray.
3. Mix with mango, peppers, cucumber, parsley, pepper and salt.
4. Add balsamic vinaigrette on the farro salad and stir to combine.