- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts or chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease two loaf pans and dust with flour. Alternatively, prepare a muffin tin with liners.
2. Wash, dry, and shred zucchini in the large slots of a box grater. Alternatively, chop zucchini coarsely, place in a food processor and pulse until minced. Place zucchini in a colander and let drain over the sink.
4. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk eggs and add in oil, melted butter, and vanilla. Once blended, stir in the sugar, and add wet ingredients to the flour mixture. Fold in shredded zucchini and nuts.
5. Distribute batter evenly between two loaf pans. If making muffins, fill each muffin cup two-thirds full. Bake loaves for 40-60 minutes, or muffins for about 30. Breads are done when a knife comes out clean. Let cool 30 minutes.
6. Devour. Makes 2 loaves.