- 2 English muffins, split in half and toasted
- 2 cups hash browns (frozen work fine)
- 3 ounces (2 cups) fresh spinach
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place two tablespoons oil in a 10 inch skillet over medium high heat. Add in the hash browns and cook until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Add in the spinach, stir and cook until wilted. Transfer hash brown-spinach mixture to a large bowl.
- Line bottom of skillet with English muffins. Place hash brown- spinach mixture into the pan around the English muffins. Tuck bacon around muffins. Gently crack an egg on top of the English muffins. Transfer pan to oven and bake until egg whites are opaque and solid and yolk is cooked, but still jiggly when pan is tapped, about 8-10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Related Stories & Recipes
If you don’t have beet greens handy, make this easy, light supper dish with kale, Swiss chard, collards, mustard greens, or turnip greens. Serve with some good crusty bread, and dinner’s done. When it...