1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lavender.
3. Add cold cubed butter to the dry mixture. Cut butter with a pastry blender or rub in with your fingers, until the largest pieces are the size of small peas.
4. Pour buttermilk over the flour mixture and stir together gently with a fork until the dough almost comes together. There should still be some flour in the bottom of the bowl. Add blackberries and lightly knead dough together to incoporate berries. Note: Some berries should remain whole.
5. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat into a 9 inch round disc. Cut into 12 triangles or use a 2 inch round biscuit cutter and place on a parchment lined baking sheet at least 2 inches apart. Brush tops of the scones with cream or half & half and sprinkle with raw sugar.
6. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool slightly before removing from the tray. Serve warm with fresh whipped cream.