This is a super easy savory tart that spotlights fresh asparagus.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 24 ounces canned whole tomatoes
- 12 ounces canned tomato basil sauce
- 1 tablespoon tangerine balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup half-n-half or cream
- salt and pepper
1. Heat oil in a sacepan until hot. Add onion and bell pepper, salt and pepper. Saute 15 minutes until tender. Add tomatoes and sauce. Cook 5 minutes. Add half and half or cream and heat, being careful not to overheat or soup will break. Serves 6.