- 3 pounds red-skinned potatoes
- 1/2 cup olive-oil based mayonnaise
- 2-4 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 ear sweet fresh corn, husks and silks removed
- salt and black pepper
1. Cover potatoes with cold, salted water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until softened, but not mushy. Cool potatoes completely. Cut into 2-inch pieces.
2. Cut corn kernels off the cob.
3. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, chipotle peppers with adobo sauce, lime juice, and corn, stirring to blend. Add potatoes and toss gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add more chipotles if you like a spicier potato salad. This potato salad can be made one day ahead. Serve chilled. Serves 6.
Excerpted from contributing editor Teresa Blackburn's new cookbook The Peace, Love & Potato Salad Cookbook by Zack Brown and Teresa Blackburn. Danielle Atkins Photography. (Springhouse Press 2016). Find Teresa at foodonfifth.com