- ½ cup dried cherries
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 2 blood or navel oranges, depending on the season Finely grated zest and juice of ½ lime
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds (from 1 pomegranate)
1. In a small heat-proof bowl, combine the cherries and enough boiling water to cover them. Let sit for 15 minutes; drain and reserve the liquid.
2. Add the strawberries and grapes to the bowl with the cherries. Add citrus sections with any juice.
3. Combine zest, lime juice, reserved cherry juice and jam, heat until jam melts. Add to fruit mixture. Stir gently. Add pomegranate seeds.
Recipe excerpted from Eating in Color (Stewart, Taboori adn Chang, 2014) by Frances Largeman-Roth