- Chicken bones and skin from rotisserie chicken
- 8-10 cups water
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup rice or orzo
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- shredded chicken
1. Combine the bones, skin and juices from a rotisserie chicken. Cover with water (about 8 cups), and onion and simmer 3-6 hours. Strain and reserve 5 -6 cups for soup.
2. Place chicken broth in saucepan. Bring to a simmer, add rice or pasta, cook 20 minutes. Whisk 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice and 3 eggs together. Slowly add 1 cup hot chicken-rice mixture and whisk well. Return egg mixture to sauce pan with chicken broth and whisk well. Cook on low 10 minutes or until hot and velvety. Garnish with fresh chives.